Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

All of a sudden (no change in detergents, water sources,

Customer Question

All of a sudden (no change in detergents, water sources, temperature or pressure, wetting agent, types of things being washed or type of wash selected(Normal)) our Miele 2414 dish washer is not getting the tea cups placed in the upper fold-down rack cleaned (tea stains). It's about two years old and we haven't had this type of problem before
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The recirculation pressure has changed or the water level may be lower due to a failing inlet valve. If you open the door mid cycle, is there ample water and is it hot and steamy?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just happened to be in a wASH CYCLE. There was hot water in the bottom and it was steamy. This dishwasher is about 2 1/2 years old.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Is the filter clean and not gunked up with minerals or anything? How about the area below the filter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I crawled inside with a flashlight and it all appeared to be clear.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

During washing, is the sound the same as it has been? (I know it is hard to tell because it is so quiet).

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
During washing, the Miele is so quiet anyway, I don't think I could detect any difference.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you place four bowls in each corner of the top rack, facing up, and start a cycle, in about a minute after the cycle starts, do the bowls fill up at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did as suggested.There was an equal amount of water in the four cups.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

That is odd, I suspect the issue is with the water level, perhaps the solenoid is failing as it heats up. Have you cleaned the filter in the valve assembly under the sink?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What screen in what valve?