John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I am hearing a ticking noise coming from the back of my ge

Customer Question

I am hearing a ticking noise coming from the back of my ge profile refrigerator. It is French doors, bottom freezer. No frost build up. No issues except the ticking/clicking sound. Probably about 5-6 years old.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

How often is the clicking occurring? And when it does occur, how frequent is the clicking?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Intermittently intermittent. It just occurred that is what prompted me to search out help. When it does occur it does it for several ticks in a row.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

how rapid are the ticks? Once a minute or about every second? etc...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Several in a minute. After the clicks this time, before contacting you, I removed the water filter cartridge.
No clicking now. I will pay more attention next time it occurs. If you are unable to answer the question without this info, will I be charged again when I write back with the clicking information?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No you won't be charged again. Just post back on this same question and let me know any more information when you get it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok!
Thank you and Hapy New Year!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Happy New year to you as well.