How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Whrlp Master Tech Your Own Question
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 9947
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Whrlp Master Tech is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I just replaced the glass stove top on my kenmore

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. I just replaced the glass stove top on my kenmore 790.96312403 but when i go to secure the front of it to where the stove door opens i see it jets out about 1/2 inch too far I had to take off the old hinges and put them on this OEM part that sear direct is telling me is the right part
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am wondering if I have to come in at and angle when trying to slip what look like metal tongues (hinges) into the slots (where the clock would be on the stove)
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

What is the part number of the glass top you replaced?

And does the top rear of the glass top set flush with the upper console area?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The part number is###-##-#### Not as flush as i would like.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

ok does the gap under the console seem to be the same gap as the old top was?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No the old one used to screw into an overhang of the stove. What is funny is even if i could get it there, the screw holes of this part do not match up to the holes. I hate sears direct :)
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Well I do not think it is a part number issue .

Doe the new cooktop look the same as the older one did?

or here is a photo of it from another supplier .

does it look like the one you got?

I`m wondering if they got the wrong part in the box !

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh i figured it out. I found an old extension bracket on the old one.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

AUH ok great glad you got it to work!!

If you need me again for any other issues you can request me Whrlp Master Tech.
Have a Happy New Year!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I get a refund? Not you at all I will use you in future just this time did not need
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

I will send this post to the Just Answer customer service.