Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Samsung dryer DV350AGR/XAA01 no power to coil on gas valve [

Customer Question
two tab coil]...
Samsung dryer DV350AGR/XAA01 no power to coil on gas valve [ two tab coil]
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2015
Appliance Technician: Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 1 year ago
Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Do you have voltage to the three tab coil ?

And does the igniter glow when trying to light the flame?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
from 1 to 2 120volts
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
igniter glows

ok so you do NOT have voltage on both of the coils on the three tab coil? is that correct

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just on 1 to 2 nothing on 2 to 3

ok remove the power to the dryer and ohm out on the coil terminal 2 to 3 does you have continuity?

Yes you do have continuity?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
2 ohms

and do you have an Amperage probe meter?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I do

ok start the dryer and read the igniter amp draw it should be 32.8 -3.2 amps

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I am not showing anything for amp draw.

ok and you have the clamp around on of the igniter wires correct?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
got another meter 4.1 amps

OK and I see I sent wrong info should have been 2.8-3.2 not 32.8

Ok so the igniter is what feed voltage to the gas valve coils and on one coil you get no voltage so it is either the gas valve coils or you may have a broken wire inside the insulation on the harness

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
just replaced the coils today
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I will check wirering

ok Now you just replaced the coils today with Samsung parts? I ask because it does not show that you can purchase the coils as a separate part on the parts breakdown .

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it is a maytag valve(###) ###-####got maytag coils for it.

Not that I`m showing!! had the valve been replaced before?

Here is what the manufacture shows as a replacement .

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Gas-Valve-Assembly/DC6200201A/2070209?rcaid=1000070

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
no it has not this is what came on it . I got it new in 2011

Does the gas valve even look like the one I send you in the link?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
it looks the same. My valve is a Maytag . I looked up part number it is used on all makes of dryers. the wires are good, I ohmed them out. I do not know how it could be the coil if I get power on 1 to 2 and no power on 2 to 3 . The harness is removed from coil when we checked voltage. Can you please explain?

This is an electronic controlled unit you can not remove the wires from the component when testing for voltage ,the triacs on the control board will not give you true voltage. when you do that.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if you wanted me to check voltage with the connector still on the coil you might have said that.

I would have assumed by the way you talked that you knew what you were doing !

You give the opinion that you are a service tech ,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
this is not working . the picture of the valve you sent me has coils that can be changed out. If you information does not cover my dryer than we can not work on this very well.

I an going off of just what the manufacture supplies all parts dealers .off of the model number you have given me .

http://www.searspartsdirect.com/model-number/DV350AGRXAA0000/1482/0151200.html?searchType=modelSearch&prst=&q=DV350AGR%2FXAA01&searchTerm=DV350AGR%2FXAA-0000&shdPart=

See for your self!!

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The attached page shows how to test the valve, igniter and radiant sensor. If all test good, the control is likely faulty.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I have checked all the parts you want me to check. I checked them all before I Tried you . The last Tech. had me try this also. Now you want me to check it again. Why do you two keep having me check things that I have checked. The igniter is coming on the is 120 volts to two tab coil. The three tab coil has 102 volts between 1 and 2, it has no power between 2 and 3 . The coils are new, There is no power on 2 to 3 with it plugged into coil and the same when it is unplugged. It is a coil it does not matter if the power wires are plugged in or unplugged I will get the same readings The last guy did not know Samsung do you or are you a technician for something different? So far I am not happy at all with this service. I had to pick a monthly service plan before I could even talk to anyone. I do not want this service on a monthly service plan .

It does not sound like you are going to work with me, so I will place your question back to the list. Good luck.

Kelly, Appliance Technician