Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

MY kudmo1fk DISHWASHer is filling, dispensing soap and

Customer Question
drains but the soap sits...
mY kudmo1fk DISHWASHer is filling, dispensing soap and drains but the soap sits on bottom w/o disolving nor running the spray cycle. Is this likely due to motor or pump? Please advise.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/30/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?
After the unit fills do you hear the wash circulation pump motor running ?

I hear it cycling water and solenoid click but motor is hot but not spinning arms or making washing sounds. The motor pump seems to be the problem.

May I have the full model number please?

KUDO1FK is not even 1/2 of the full number.

open the dishwasher door the model/serial tag should be on the tank face frame on the right side of the door.

KUDM01FKSS0

Thank you!

You say the motor is hot so do you hear it humming as if trying to run ,after the unit fills with water?

and do you have a volt-ohm meter and know how to use it to test for voltage to the wash circulation pump motor?

Kudmo1fkbl don't hear it humming and I have a volt meter and have pump assembly out and a new one coming.

ok , then if you already have one coming what is your question then??

Testing OHM's on my circulator pump it reads 16.4 across the two spade connectors. Is this an indicator of it being operational? Thanks

now are you testing the large circulation pump motor or the smaller drain pump motor ?

I ask because the drain pump will ohm out around 16.3 but the wash circulation pump motor should ohm out at 3.7 on the run winding and 6.25 on the start windings.

Small circulation plastic pump. If I test the big motor what electric terminals on motor would I check for readings? This is all I need to know for now. Thanks

ok the smaller is the drain pump

the larger one is the wash circulation pump

Test from Blue to Violet that is the run winding and you should get 3.7 Ω

The start winding is Yellow to Violet and that will be 6.25 Ω

blue / violet it is 6.8 vs 3.7 and 4.6 vs 6.25 on yellow/violet. Seems like they are way off.

no not that far off and it does show that you do have continuity fro each winding

Did you test fro voltage to the motor after the unit filled up?

No but when I get the new motor I can do that if not functioning. What would that point to as another problem...? I'll check back in after I have it back together tomorrow.

yes if your not getting voltage to the motor it would be a main control board issue.

Yes let me know please.

John, Home Appliance Technician