Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a Hobart h600t dough mixer and the hook broke off

Customer Question
Hello , I have a...
Hello , I have a Hobart h600t dough mixer and the hook broke off today. I went to remove the remaining part from the machine and it doesn't want to come off . I removed the bolt at the bottom of the output shafts and it still won't budge, we have hit down on it pretty good but it still won't budge we also tried heating it up and spayed solvent on it
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/30/2015
Appliance Technician: shaithus1,
 replied 1 year ago
shaithus1

Hi let me see if I can help....

It sounds like you've jammed the hooks housing onto the stub that locks the hook onto the shaft... when you put the hook on.. you lift up and turn it and drop it down... so you must lift up and turn to get it off... of course... if it is as I suspect the stub is molded into the body of the hook assy.. you have two options.... cut the hook housing off using a grinder or contact your local Hobart service center.... if you cut the hook off.. be prepared for damage to the stub... at that point you will want a service company to proceed... there are no user serviceable parts for you to disassemble.. the planetary and parts are too complicated for me to try to lead you...

however... if you are mechanically inclined.. you can remove the oil from the planetary.. (not the head of the machine) and remove the planetary for ease of removing the hook assy.. or to take to a service center for them to do it and any repairs to the shaft or stub,

let me know how it goes.. or if you have any other questions...

Thank you for using Just Answer..

Phillip

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

There is no slot for the stub on this hook housing and we can feel a stub in what looks like a key way at the top of the hook housing

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

The hook has beenon this machine for 8 yrs

Appliance Technician: shaithus1,
 replied 1 year ago

I'm not sure I understand... you said there is no slot for the stub but you can feel a stub in a key way.. the key way is the slot I'm talking about.. if you can feel the stub in the vertical portion of the slot/keyway... you will either have to remove the planetary or cut the hook assy off.... if the stub is in the horizontal portion of the slot/keyway... you will have to get it to the vertical portion... if the hook assy does not move at all, even after you have done so much to it... it sounds like you will have to remove the planetary or cut the hook off... of you continue heat with a torch or beat on it while the planetary is installed on the machine.. you risk damage to the seals, gears and bearings in the planetary..

Appliance Technician: shaithus1,
 replied 1 year ago

and if the hook has never been off the machine... which means it has never been cleaned properly... you might as well write it off and remove the planetary and cut the hook off.. then take the planetary to a Hobart office and let them see what damage or wear has occurred over the years...

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Thank you for your advice, we cut it off in place with a saw sawzall . It didn't matter where the pin was , that thing was corroded on there and wouldn't move

Appliance Technician: shaithus1,
 replied 1 year ago

I see.. are you able to use a wire brush and clean the shaft and pin well enough to use on the other attachments or a new hook? or is it pitted terribly... remember... if the shaft and pin are too badly worn... the health dept. in you area may hit you on it....

I'm glad you were able to get the assy off...

thank you for using Just ​Answer

Phillip

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Thank you, the shafts cleaned up good and they will be taking off the hook regularly.

I have been looking for a payment approval for you but can't find it, will just answer send me an email?

Appliance Technician: shaithus1,
 replied 1 year ago

I believe you are to rate my help and that will start the final process.... I'm glad I could help

Have a wonderful New Year...

Phillip

Customer reply replied 1 year ago

Thanks Phillip happy new year to you to : )

Appliance Technician: shaithus1,
 replied 1 year ago

Hi.. were you able to leave feedback?

Hope all is well.

Phillip

John, Home Appliance Technician