Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

MyKenmore elite microwave will run but wont heat when

Customer Question

MyKenmore elite microwave will run but wont heat when finfshed running F9 shows on screen
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F9 means the unit doesn't detect that magnetron is drawing any power. This can be caused by the magnetron being faulty, the inverter board being faulty, or one of the door switches being bad (there are 3). It's really difficult to track down exactly which one is bad, but the best way to go about it is uninstall your microwave and remove the outer shell of the microwave. Push all the door switches by hand to make sure they still click---if not replace the faulty one. If they check good then check the resistance of the magnetron and it should be between 0.1 ohms and 1 ohm and if it checks good, replace the inverter board.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.