Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a ge washer model number WJRE5500G2WW that fills and

Customer Question
I have a ge washer...
I have a ge washer model number WJRE5500G2WW that fills and drains but wont spin or agitate.
I think it is the motor.
I already replaced magnetic lid switch.
I don't heat motor hum once it fills with water.
I don't think it is circuit board because it seems to go thru filling and emptying.
It appears that a motor is 200 bucks.
If that is case I am thinking of getting a new washer for 300 to 450.
Amana, Hot point or Whirlpool at Home Depot.
Any ideas on what is wrong with this one before I dump it.
I am happy to pay for your advise if your idea fixes it.
I already spent hours researching on my own.
I am at machine now with front panel off.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/29/2015
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while
I apologize as I try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now
available to help you with your question.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

you will need to pull the front panel off, and look at the motor you will see a green or red led light on the computer board count the number of flashes those are error codes and will give you the status of the machine, if there is no flashing then there is no power to the motor, which means either the inline fuse in the harness is bad or the motor is bad, you will need to check continuity of the wire to find out which. The wire with the inline fuse the is the red and white striped wire in the wiring harness. If the fuse is bad they make a replacement wire with the fuse in it, do not attempt to by pass it as it will fry the control board. give me a second and I will find you the inline fuse kit part number, if the led light is on the refer to this image below to see what code it is displaying:

click here

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

here is the part number for the fuse kit:

WH49X10055 - click here to buy at amazon

I am now working on your answer so

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service AT This Time by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

thanks

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support! If you feel there is a reason you should not give me a rating please let me know, otherwise please go ahead and do that for me Thanks.

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson