John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have a blodgett zephaire 200-g-es ... it's new to us and

Customer Question

We have a blodgett zephaire 200-g-es ... it's new to us and we haven't figured out how to hold food after it's done cooking. Not quite sure why we would use the "Pulse Mode" either. Please advise.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  shaithus1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi... I recommend you go to parts town's website and download a free operators manual... thank you for using just answer

phillip

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's not an answer! I have the owners manual ... I need interpretation.

Expert:  shaithus1 replied 1 year ago.

OH... ok.. most of the time when someone buys a used piece of equipment... user manuals are no where to be found... ok... so... lets see how I can help you now...

I have the manual here...

holding food happens at the end of a cook cycle... so... lets say you wanted to cook a roast or a turkey but didnt want to serve it as soon as it was ready... then you would set the cook time and temp the hold temp.. and the unit would time down the cooking cycle and then switch to hold and keep the oven at the holding temp you desired...

Now... lets say you brought food home from a gathering and wanted to hold it for someone ... you wouldnt use the hold setting... you would just set the temp on cook and let the oven keep the temp...

The pulse cycle is for food that might get ruined with constant wind blowing.... like a souffle ... or a cake...

I have seen people bake cakes on sheet pans... and the air movement can force the cake to bake sloped to one side due to the force of the air flow off the fan...

Im sure you know... that you must rotate your product left to right (or vice versa) and top to bottom (or vice versa) half way through the cooking process for even baking... or else you will have brown on top on one side and brown on bottom on the other side...

I may not have covered all of your concerns... so please dont hesitate to contact me.. I will do whatever I can to help you.

Phillip

Expert:  shaithus1 replied 1 year ago.

Hi.. I wanted to check if there was anything else I could help you with?

Phillip