Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I opened my bosch dishwasher in the middle of a cycle. When

Customer Question

Customer: I opened my bosch dishwasher in the middle of a cycle. When I closed the door, it did not re-start. What should I do?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have previously opened the door mid cycle and it has always restarted. the model # ***** ***** 22
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have any signs of life on the dishwasher? Any indicator lights or noises or anything?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No lights
No noise
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Ok. So there are no fuses or resets for this dishwasher other than trying to flip the circuit breaker on your house off for 60 seconds and then back on. Make sure the dishwasher is getting power first. If so, remove the kick panel below the door and look for the 3" x 3" sheet metal box. Remove the cover and you can see the junction box wire connections to the dishwasher. These wires will often short out, melt, or get loose. Check all the connections and if they are faulty or burnt, cut the wires back and re-wire the junction box (with the power disconnected to the dishwasher of course). If everything checks good--you'll need to order and replace the control board in the upper right hand corner of the door.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.