Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I need to reset a Bosch SHU9955uv dishwasher
, When

Customer Question

Customer: I need to reset a Bosch SHU9955uv dishwasher
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When power is turned off and I close the door the dishwasher runs. Very annoying
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So the dishwasher running when you turn the power on is actually the drain pump running. Unfortunately your dishwasher is stuck in "flood mode". That impeller that is turning is actually the drain pump continuously running. What that means is that water has worked it's way down into the base pan below the dishwasher tub causing the unit to do nothing but drain. This is normally caused by the drain being clogged or too many suds in the tub causing the tub to overflow a bit. Either way, you'll need to uninstall the dishwasher and tip it forward at a 45 degree angle to drain the water out of the base pan. Be sure to put a towel under the dishwasher first so that the water is soaked up in the towel instead of going all over the floor. Once you've drained all the water out of the base pan, reinstall the dishwasher and pour a gallon of water in the dishwasher. If it drains it out right away and doesn't wash or refill, you still have water left in the base pan to try again, otherwise you're good to go.

Now if you don't want to do all this work just to get your dishwasher working again and you have time, let the dishwasher just sit unused for a week and the water in the base pan will evaporate as time goes on and the dishwasher will start working again after a week.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That doesn't answer my question- the power is OFF and I close the door and it runs
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Yes I understand that. That is because it's in flood mode. The drain pump will not stop running until the water is removed or the breaker is shut off to the dishwasher.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer doesn't make sense - isn't there a procedure to reset the dishwasher?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm not sure what doesn't make sense to you. And no you can not reset the dishwasher other than removing the water as I instructed before.