Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My Admiral top loader fill light is flashing, but nothing is

Customer Question

My Admiral top loader fill light is flashing, but nothing is happening. It stopped mid cycle, but didn't drain. I've pulled it out to make sure pipe is not kinked. I've try to switch to drain mode, but nothing happens. Unplugged several times.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

What is the complete model number?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ATW4676BQ1

Is the unit full of water?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the unit fills properly, will go through the wash cycle but then stops. Checked the drain pipe for any blocks, found nothing.

Have you put it in diagnostic mode to get the error code out?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've tried, but the lights don't respond. Even after powering off.

Sounds like the board is bad on the unit, very common on that model. These units are not the best at all. If nothing is responding replace the board or buy a better machine.