Alex Herbert
Alex Herbert, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance Technician
89986336

Upright freezer door ajar keeps going off. Door is sealing

Customer Question

Customer: Upright freezer door ajar keeps going off. Door is sealing perfectly.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The unit is a Frigidaire LFFH17F7HW little of five years old. We noticed light was out so we took it out to get a replacement and it appears fine with no broken wires. We have checked the door switch and pushed it on and off several times. Have wiped and checked all the seals.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Alex Herbert replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is Alex. I will be happy to answer your question. First of all the alarm try pushing the alarm reset button on the front panel. Next try unplugging the freezer for 5 minutes and plugging it back in. This will reset the control. If that does not work try holding the door switch in manually to see if the door alarm stops. If it stops the door switch will need to be changed. Next unplug the freezer and check for broken wires coming from under the freezer to the door. Make sure the light turns on and off when the door switch is pushed in and out. If this does not work, the control would need to be changed.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me. Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The one key piece of info on unplug to unit of FIVE minutes was key. We checked everything before and seal was tight and we removed the light bulb that had blown (nothing new as this was the second or third) which in the past never caused other issues. This morning no Alarm Sounding and the Door Ajax light out when we went to the garage where the freezer is. THANK YOU SO MUCH. Gary

I'm glad your problem was solved. The unplugging and plugging it back in reset your control. This is a good idea to try with any electronic appliance before calling for service.

Please rate my service by using the star rating system at the top of the page. This is how I am credited for my time. If you have any additional questions about this issue, please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.com. Have a great day.