Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Start button does not light up and does not activate to

Customer Question

Start button does not light up and does not activate to wash.
We have never had a problem before now. We seldom use it only when we have family
gatherings.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If the start button won't work, you either have a bad door latch switch and the dishwasher doesn't think the door is shut, or a bad touch control panel where the start button has failed. You'll need to take the door apart and use a multimeter to test the door switch when you push the latch onto the striker above the tub to see if the switch is still working or not. If the switch doesn't work, replace the latch assembly. If the switch is working still, replace the touch control panel.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.