Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Puckette
, The water line in my GSL25JFTE BS water

Customer Question
Customer: ***** ***** Puckette JA...
Customer: ***** ***** Puckette
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The water line in my GSL25JFTE BS water dispenser is not working. How do I stop it from freezing?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I will only be satisfied it we get it working,,,so yes go for it.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
12/26/2015
Appliance Technician: The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician

Hi. I'm Smitty and I will be helping you with your problem.

What causes a water line to freeze up is a leaking water inlet valve. All of the water lines in refrigerators that are in the "freeze zone" are angled so that they drain to the dispenser to prevent just this from happening. If the valve has a small leak then there is constantly a little trickle of water going through it. this freezes, builds up , and clogs the line.

Replacing the water inlet valve will solve the problem.

Let me know if you require additional information.

Best, Smitty