The Home Smithy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years repairing appliances
3079445

The touchpad on my new Samson oven will not accept my touch,

Customer Question

The touchpad on my new Samson oven will not accept my touch, although it will accept other people's touch. I bought a Samson microwave at the same time as the oven, and have no problem with it.
What can I do? And is there some device I can use to start the oven when no one else is around to do it for me?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I'm Smitty and I will be helping you with your problem.

You have the same problem I do. It is just how our bodies work is all. Nothing that you can do about it as far as the touch pad goes. No sensitivity settings or anything like that.

Back a few months ago I sent my new tablet back twice to the manufacturer because they would not work right (or so I thought). They finally sent a stylus along with the last one and told me to try it. It worked great. You can pick one up at just about any stationary or office supply store for a couple bucks.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best, Smitty