Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a therador model no. kbuit4265e07 the refrigerator

Customer Question

i have a therador model no. kbuit4265e07 the refrigerator works but the light inside the box doesnt work.. and the digital display go off when i try to adjust the temperature the box cut off completely. i have to cut it offf and on to get it working again.. frustraighted....
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave and I'm happy to help you. Did the refrigerator lights go out again after a while after you turned on the power?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
merry christmas...i know today is a holiday so if you can call me at your conveince that would fine. its up to you..i have it running now but there is no light when you open the box.. and there is no light on the bigital readout for the temperture.. really aggrevated..

Thanks. I am trying to determine if it is a door switch. If the lights and display worked for about 10 minutes after power was restored it helps me know what happened. Let me know or turn off the power for 30 seconds and then see what happens when you turn it back on.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i turn the power off for 30 seconds.. turned it on and the display light came on for about 5 seconds and cut off after.. compressor is off. i can make the compressor come back on it play with it a little.. but display wont come on after that..

Okay, this is more than just a door switch. It could be a bad touchpad/display or even the control. Onece you get it running does it stay on even though the dispaly is off?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
when i cut it back on, the display goes off and compressor cuts off.. after abouy 5 seconds the compressor comes on again..

Yes, this could be either the touchpad or the control. I will opt out to see if another expert can help you determine what to do.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, thanks
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! This is most likely a control failure or a pinched wire or harness problem. Can you inspect the wiring harnesses and connections? See the attached page.