Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have water accumulating, and then freezing on the pan at

Customer Question
the bottom of my freezer...
I have water accumulating, and then freezing on the pan at the bottom of my freezer. I'm assuming that a drain is not working properly, but I do not know where to look to resolve this issue. Water occasionally leaks out onto the floor as well.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
12/24/2015
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago
Joel Swenson

yes its definitely a stopped up defrost drain, remove the back panel of the freezer and below the evaporator you will see a metal plate with a hole in the center, that is the defrost drain that will need to be unstopped, you can accomplish that by using a air hose if you have one or a thick piece of wire, or a plastic tube that you can blow into and hot water will usually do the trick as well.

I am now working on your answer so

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, I Kindly ask you to rate my service AT This Time by clicking on the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find but it's there).

Also be aware that this rating is for the quality of my response, not a rating for the overall experience you have had on this site.

Rating me will not in any way affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Happy Holidays!

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Thank u, removing back panel from behind freezer?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

yes you can remove the panel without taking the unit from where its located, you can remove it from the inside.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

if you give me the model number I can be specific as how to do it.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Model # ***** LH ,GE Monogram freezer.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 1 year ago

ok im gonna give you repair instructions how to do this but you need to rate me as you have not done that yet, thanks.

Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! In the diagram at the link below, number 6577 will need to be removed. The defrost drain is in the middle of the part numbered 5005. That is where the build up will be and need to be thawed.

CLICK HERE

Kelly, Appliance Technician