Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

Thanks, my name is ***** *****, I have a whirlpool

Customer Question

Customer: thanks, ***** ***** is ***** *****, I have a whirlpool DU930PWST0 Dishwasher, how do I enter the diagnostic mode?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I press the sequence High temp wash and heated dry twice, all led light up and then starts a cycle with the heavy and drying lights on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I enter and exit the diagnostic mode?
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Press start until all the lights go off. Flip the breaker or unplug it for 5 minutes. To enter you press "Normal" "Heated Dry" "Normal" "Heated Dry" I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The leds light just for a moment then go off and then a cycle starts, with the Heavy cycle and drying lights on, after selecting cancel starts draining

Yes, pressing start will advance the diagnostic cycle to the end.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tech sheet says that the sequence is the sequence High temp wash and heated dry twice, with normal and heated dry nothing happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The tech sheet says that the sequence is High temp wash and heated dry twice, with normal and heated dry sequence nothing happens
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the tech sheet doesn't state for what model it's for.

Either will work. Once you enter and the lights come on the cycle automatically starts. You can walk it through the steps by pressing start. Once you've walked it all the way through the steps the last step will kick itself out of diagnostics. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
after entering d mode it's normal that the unit starts washing with the heavy and drying lights on?

Yes, it's starting diagnostic mode.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After the s d mode stars I can only cancel the process, do I need to press sequence again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
After d mode starts I can cancel the process, right, do I need to press sequence again?

That's correct once the diagnostics cycle starts you have to wait or press start until it kicks itself out of diagnostic or walks itself through all the test cycles basically. After diagnostics start you do not have to do anything it will walk itself through the steps and then shut off. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
during diagnostic mode the unit will actually operate, washing etc, I thought that it only cycles virtually going thru the lights but not actually washing.

Yes, it checks all functions. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I now if there is a problem during the test or diagnostic cycle?

The unit will flash an error code at you. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there an error code table?

On the tech sheet in your hand.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there is a table but kind of confusing
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
difficult to understand

What's wrong with the machine? What is it doing or not doing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but basically the process with a problem will light up, right?

Whats wrong with the dishwasher?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not drying, already tested heater element and high limit thermostat
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
changed control board

You replaced the board?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yeap
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
before I changed the electronic control, the unit stops washing and the heated dry led was flashing fast
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

I see the last person has opted out of your question!

My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Do you still need assistance on your question?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have a whirlpool DU930PWST0 Dishwasher, how do I enter the diagnostic mode? When I press the sequence High temp wash and heated dry twice, all led light up and then starts washing with the heavy and drying lights on
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The unit is not drying, I tested the heater element and the high limit thermostat, I changed the control board before since unit was not ending the washing cycle, stopped and then the heated dry led was flashing rapidly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

To run diagnosis routine you have to press HIGH TEMP WASH ⇒ HEATED DRY ⇒ HIGH TEMP WASH ⇒ HEATED DRY all the lights will come on and the unit will walk itself thru operating each component one at a time ,the light will change also.

The heater will be activated when the heating light is on for the second time.

It will only be energized for 5-7 seconds during the diagnostics

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How long does the diagnostic test take?

The tech sheet shows 12 min total and I was mistaken the heat cycle is shown as 6 min long

And sorry I `m in and out of my office trying to get the business ready to close for Christmas eve and Christmas.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
don't worry I understand
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The complete test will take 12 mins? the unit will actually wash, drain and dry?

no it will not run a cycle it only runs one components at a time . diagnostics is just that it is not a short cycle it just runs all the components so a service tech would not have to wait for the 2 plus hours for the unit to go through a entire cleaning cycle.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but will use water, heat it and drain it?

yes it will fill,then the dispenser is energized then circulation motor ,rinse aid dispenser then the wash circulation motor then a 2 min pause then the wash circulation motor ,then the wash circulation motor the drain motor and the heater are ALL on at one time then it shuts off.