Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician
13570846

We have a 30" induction cooktop. My wife touched the lockout

Customer Question

We have a 30" induction cooktop. My wife touched the lockout to wipe the surface off and we can not turn the lockout off. We shut off the power, turned it back on and the lockout is still on.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hello, make sure the surface is dry before you try to lock or unlock the unit. If holding the button doesn't unlock the control, the touch pad is shorted. Leave the power off for 5 minutes then try it. If that doesn't work, then you need a part to fix this issue. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Your answer was exactly correct, before I received it I got the same answer no charge by calling GE. I did not rate your service because I do not appreciate being scammed, not by you but by this website. The charge was way higher than implied, my fault for being a sucker, I will never use it again and I will tell everyone of my experience.