Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

We have two blinking lights on our Whirpool quiet Comfort

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** -- We have two blinking lights on our Whirpool quiet Comfort IV, pots & pans and Normal. They blink steady and the time remaining reads -- There is water left in the bottom and we have tried unplugging.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Dishwasher is stuck mid cycle. Time status display reads --.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: fine
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you!

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
whirlpool gold quiet comfort IV GU2700XTSB1
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you there still
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. Sorry for the delay.

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If you close the door and press the cancel button, nothing happens, correct, no drain? If you press it again, the display goes dark?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correct, no drain...nothing happens if you press it again, meaning both flashing lights stay on and -- in the status display
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you can press the cancel button as many times as you want but nothing changes
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. The machine sees the door switches as open. The door switch will need to be replaced, they are number 12 in the diagram at the link below. I would replace them both.

CLICK HERE

Those switches are accessed by removing the screws from along the top of the inside door panel and the next one down on each side so the control panel will fold down.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau. They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year! They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

CLICK HERE

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you will try this.merry Christmas
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome, thank you! Please know that I will be here to answer any follow up questions you may have. There is no additional charge for any follow ups! Merry Christmas

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Terry, I tried putting in new switches, still no working, exactly the same, what next?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry, Kelly
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Still no action from the pump or anything?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no change from yesterday? could it be a stuck/broken push pad?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Not with the -- in the display. That means the control cannot see the switches closed. If you are certain the door is closing well, the control has issues.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
could it be the latch?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
are you saying the switches are still the cause, I replaced them today?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

No, if the switches are new and the door closes securely, the problem has to be with the electronic control.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what next? replace it or buy a new one?
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I would replace the board, yes.

CLICK HERE