Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Kitchen grill doesn't get hot enough. Natural gas

Customer Question

Kitchen grill doesn't get hot enough.
Natural gas
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The orifice may be too small or partially plugged. Some models have a flame adjustment, too.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model pd484gge
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have used the grill maybe 3 times since we bought the unit, so all parts are as new.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

How are the flames on the other top burners?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all with them. We do have high pressure natural gas. Just seem to get the BTUs like I need to cook things like thick steak.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry that should have read, just don't seem to get the BTUs.
The manual wants me to cook a steak for 20 some minutes. That just doesn't work. I can try letting the grill heat a little longer. But seems like it shouldn't take that long.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

I suspect the issue is just with the design. You could have the orifice drilled out a bit to increase the BTU but it would likely void any warranty.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That must be the case. We've had the stove 10 years so I don't think warranty is at issue. We've had a local repair co. Look at it and am not impressed. Said he would research it and get back. And that was the end of it. So looks like I need to do this myself. Which orifice and how big can I drill it. I also understand if I do it. It's on me.
Thanks
Duaine
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Attached is a service bulletin with an updated grill kit that may help the issue you are having as well. The link below is to the service manual for your model. It will show you how to access the grill assembly and orifice.

CLICK HERE

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Please let me know if you have additional questions or need clarification. There is no additional charge for any follow up help!

Please remember to leave positive feedback before you leave. If you have any other questions, please let me know! You may continue asking follow-up questions until you have all the information you need, even after rating my service. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't get it to load