Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

Kenmore gas range--790-7155 the top burners will not light;

Customer Question

kenmore gas range--790-7155 the top burners will not light; the ignition is sparking but no gas comes thru for a flame. The oven will light. What maybe the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

If gas won't come out of any of the cooktop burners but the oven itself does work, then you know the oven is getting gas from your house. The only thing that can cut gas to al the burners and not the oven is the oven gas regulator valve on the back of the oven. If you follow the gas supply line from your house it connects to this regulator so below is a link to the regulator you'd need to order and replace. It's part number###-##-####

CLICK HERE for gas regulator

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.