Appliance Tech Dave
Appliance Tech Dave, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 years experience specializing in Whirlpool, KitchenAid and Kenmore
19941226

I'm experiencing a problem that might be a locked rotor

Customer Question

Hi there, I'm experiencing a problem that might be a locked rotor issue. It isn't on a whirlpool top loading coin operated washing machine
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 1 year ago.

Hello, what is the model number?

Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
w10474261a
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you call me instead?

Model number from the sticker tag on the machine. Either under the lid on the frame or behind the door. No I can not call. I'll opt out now. Thanks!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you can I call that is fine, are you still there?
Expert:  Appliance Tech Dave replied 1 year ago.

Hello, this is Dave. If this is a coin op washer the model number will start with a C followed byt letters and numbers. The serial number also starts with a C but I only need the model number. Also can you clarify the problem? It won't start and draws high current and trips breakers after a while etc.?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, model number is *****I had pressed the green start button for a total of three to four seconds while I was in the middle of a final spin cycle, the drum is not spinning at the moment when I stopped it, but it was about to start the final cycle. Now it is not doing anything even after leaving it unplugged for 10 minutes, and just makes a grinding noise.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you able to call me?

I don't do calls but here is what we should do first. If the control can't tell how much water in in the tub it will go into a 12 minute drain cycle. Let it run for 12 minutes and it should reset. Let me know what happens.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
okay, will do. That won't cause the motor to burn out will it? Again it's making a very loud grinding noise.

If it is a lot louder than just the pump running there may be something down in the pump. Normal slurping type npoise is just the pump.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, it didn't even take a full 12 minutes and it already stopped and the cycle restarted. I just put 6 quarters in, as the machine cost $1.50 per load. Started the machine and it's going through the normal cycle now. It appears that the machine is back in working order! Thank you so much for your assistance. I am a tenant in a apartment situation and my landlord was not available at the moment. And as I do not have access to the key for the control panel, it would have been more difficult to have to contact my landlord and then for him to come by and inspect it himself. So I greatly appreciate your assistance. Now can you please tell me, how exactly does this work? I already paid the $37 for your service. Are there any more fees that I owe you?

You only pay what you agreed to pay. You are back in business now. Have a Merry Christmas!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sounds good. Again I can't thank you enough for your assistance. I'd rather pay $37 then have to deal with the landlord requests and then scheduling a technician the week of Christmas. Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you as well, Dave!

.