Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Ge wcvh4800k1ww counts down fast and does not cycle unless

Customer Question

Ge wcvh4800k1ww counts down fast and does not cycle unless you go into the diag mode to to1 hit start/pause then exit out then it will go through a cycle but when it sits then it goes back to counting down fast again and won't operate
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

So unfortunately if you have an issue where the washer isn't advancing or it's counting down to fast, this is an issue with the motor control board which is mounted to the floor below the tub. The motor control board is actually what tells the interface board when to cycle and advanced based on when the motor function has completed it's task. The part number you'd need to order and replace is WH12X10448 and it's about $250 unfortunately.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But again if I go into the diag mode then back out the washer will cycle then when it shuts of for a bit then I turn it back on it will not work again until I go into the diag
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

But that uses different logic in the board and boards reset all the time but the issue will always come back. Either way bot***** *****ne is that you need to replace the MCU because the only other thing that could possibly cause the MCU to act up is the interface board which you said you already replaced---there are no other options.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That didn't work either
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I don't know what you mean. you have to replace the MCU to fix the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did change it
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

in 20 minutes that I gave you the advice you went out, got the part, and changed the MCU? Sorry I just don't see how that is possible so I'm going to opt out and I wish you the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well sir it is very possible seeing as I had the part with me I just wanted to make sure that was the direction to go before I installed it and was unable to take it back. So at this point it's looking like one of the new parts is bad
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If it is not cycling at all, only counting down fast, the control is likely in a DEMO MODE. If it will not exit the DEMO MODE, the main control will likely need to be replaced. See the attached page. Let me know what happens, please.