Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Samsung refrigerator water filter problems works great while

Customer Question
Customer: samsung refrigerator water filter...
Customer: samsung refrigerator water filter problems works great for a while then stops. turning on kitchen faucet when it stops enables flow from fridge again. also removing the filter and re-inserting it helps with the problem water will flow again after re-installing filter. have a small white push-pull valve on wall that is feeding the fridge.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: samsung model rf263teaesr more details????
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Could high water pressure be the problem? If I turn on the sink faucet, the fridge will dispense water... very weird.
12/21/2015
Appliance Technician: Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician

Hello, thank you for your questions. Yes, high water pressure will and often does cause this issue. If what you say is true about turning the water on and it working I would suspect a high water pressure issue ad well. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. I’m not credited for helping you until you rate my answers positively. Thank you

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Any recommendations to control the pressure at the wall. I have small white push-pull valve that is not adjustable on the wall feeding the fridge. Should I just get that swapped out or is this something I need to address with the main valve feeding the house (pressure regulator?). Please advise, thanks.

You need a plumber to fix this issue. Each case is different. A plumber will need to check things out to answer that question. It is fixable though. I work on the honor system here @ Just Answers. Please remember to rate my answer positively before logging off. Thanks!

Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic