John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

We have an older Maytag Washer (and Dryer) that have given

Customer Question

We have an older Maytag Washer (and Dryer) that have given us fantastic service.
The washer has now started to leak water. It only leaks when the washer is set to the large load setting. Works perfectly in the two lower settings.It seems that when in the high setting there is too much water in the drum and when it spins some water is spilled over
Is this possible and is there some sort of Float or?? that could maffunction
Thank You
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! There is indeed a water level switch that probably needs to be replaced.

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?