John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a kitchen aide supra 48 and my ice maker stopped

Customer Question

I have a kitchen aide supra 48 and my ice maker stopped working and then the nature freezer and refrigerator stopped cooling. Still has power and compressor is working. What could be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

Is the back wall of the freezer showing any frost at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't tell its built into the wall. The compressor, I think is on top
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

If you open the door of the freezer and look on the back wall is there any frost?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Is the compressor hot or warm?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Warm
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

There are a couple of copper tubes coming out of the compressor, one is smaller than the other, the smaller one of the 2 tubes, is it very warm to the point that you can hardly touch it?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Had to leave the house for a short time, I'll get back with you
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I hope you can tell me it is very very warm, to about not being able to touch it..