How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask John Your Own Question
John, Home Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 13453
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
John is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My mother has Frigidaire model rci-645k. The large oven,

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, My mother has Frigidaire model rci-645k. The large oven, right side, nob broke off inside the unit. The metal piece is stuck inside of unit. Is there a replacement part? It is the metal pin that connects nob to the oven unit. Thanks ***** is ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I took off the facing , glass panel and nobs. The post that the nob presses onto has broken off, I guess from excessive turning. I need a replacement part.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I will get back to you, I need to take my mother for some blood work in a few minutes.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Is it the shaft for the oven thermostat?

Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

There are not too many new parts available for the old Flair ranges.