John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I have a frigidaire professional refrigerator model number

Customer Question

I have a frigidaire professional refrigerator model number FPHS2699PF and the ice maker is not functioning. It makes ice but when the button at the front is pressed to dispense the ice nothing comes out. There is a sound but the ice does not get pushed out. I have taken out the ice maker and ensure that it is connected at the back properly but that still does not work. I need your help repairing it.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

If the icemaker makes ice you DO NOT have an icemaker issue !

You have a dispenser issue if it does not bring ice cubes out of the dispenser.

Open the freezer door And on top of the unit on the door hinge cover is the freezer door light switch tape it so the control thinks the door is closed, and pull the ice container out of the freezer and then with the door still open reach around and call for ice cubes and in the freezer of the rear wall is the ice container drive mechanism ,when you call for ice does the forked arm rotate?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The fork arm does NOT rotate

ok and this noise that you hear when calling for ice does it seem to come from behind that rear interior panel?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is just one click that comes from that rear interior panel.

Ok do you have a Volt Ohm meter and know hoe to use it? to be able to do any voltage testing to that drive motor.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not. I will arrange for someone who does to come by then I will contact you. I should be able to arrange that within an hour.

ok they will need to have you call for ice and test the augur motor for voltage .looking for 120 volts A/C

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. The test shows the motor is bad. voltage is extremely low.

ok if the voltage is less then 110 volts it is NOT a bad motor!1

The motor would be bad if you were getting the correct voltage.

When testing the motor for voltage did they remove the leads off of the motor to do the test? if so the voltage has to be tested with the component(motor ) in the circuit.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried doing it myself but may have done it incorrectly. I have asked a skilled electrician to come and assist. I will contact you as soon as he arrives.

ok no problem!

Just copy This conversations URL and paste it into your favorites and get back to me when you can!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will respond shortly with my electrician at 9am EST.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Woody, will you be available?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello

I`m online at this time if you need me!

Do you still need assistance on your question?