Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My name is ***** ***** and my issue is regarding the

Customer Question

Customer: Hi. My name is ***** ***** and my issue is regarding the Whirlpool Duet Steam washer. I get an error code F06 E03. I'm located outside the US and no-one appears able to help.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The power button does not work initially. I power on the washer as if I'm about to start a diagnostic test. At that point, I get the F06 E03 error code. It disappears when I press any button, but then after I adjust the settings, the washer doesn't start because the door won't lock. The power button will work at this point, but then the door not locking is the problem.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I only pay if it works?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

E03 F06 means you have an interface communication error. That means that the main control board isn't communicating with the front interface control board. You can pull the washer out, unplug the washer, and remove the 3 screws coming in from the back of the top panel. Next, the top panel will pull straight back, up, and off. Now check all the wire connections between the two control board and make sure they are all secure. If everything looks good, then the interface control board will need to be ordered and replaced. The part is generally $200-250 or so.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.