Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

Katsaros
, the knob broke off of my viking oven oven

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** katsaros
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the knob broke off of my viking oven for the oven and the metal part is still in the hole so it doesnt' work any idea of how to get it out
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes sure. I don't have the model number - going to look tonight. so assuming i just order a new knob based on model number but if you can explain how i can extract myself i will definiately pay!!
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! If the shaft is still in the knob, you will need an entire switch assembly. Which control has broken?

May I please have your model number so I am able to provide you with accurate, model specific information?