Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

SIEMENS ULTRA SENCE WASHER MODEL wxfd8400 TUB WILL NOT SPIN,

Customer Question
BELT GOOD....
SIEMENS ULTRA SENCE WASHER MODEL wxfd8400 TUB WILL NOT SPIN, BELT GOOD.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
12/17/2015
Appliance Technician: Kelly, Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Kelly, Appliance Technician

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! The most likely to be causing the issues with the motor is the controller. However, there is a test you can do to the motor, instructions attached. Do you have a meter to perform any testing with?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hello and thanks for the information offered. Today while I had the time I downloaded an entire service manual for this washing machine. I do have a nice volt/ohm meter as I do electrical work and have the tools needed.Guess from the manual I have the trouble shooting using codes, and then checking motor winding ohms, (resistance), will most likely find me back at Best Buy for a new washer and dryer. Seems the motor for this model number machine is out of stock and not available.
Take care and have a good Christmas, consider this one done.

I understand, thank you.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Update: ran motor diagnostic test and get error 20. Faulty harness. Ran auto diagnostics and get error code 09. Wiring harness against. Removed harness between motor and control board and all 5 conductors good. Have continuity. Checked motor windings to ground and clear. Checked winding ohms and all at average of 4.2 which is higher than listed but consistent. Stopped there. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Sounds like a connection issue. Remove all connectors and put them back to assure a good contact. Any change?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
No change and I have checked connectors from motor control board up to control (operator) panel. Will move machine out to garage for continued troubleshooting later. We just left Best Buy and spent $2,600.00 on new washer and dryer. I'll keep you posted should I locate problem. Thanks for your input.

Thank you.

Kelly, Appliance Technician