Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

My name is ***** *****. I have a GE WHDSR209D. Today it

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** *****. I have a GE WHDSR209D. Today it started not spinning after the wash cycle. After I searched for some tips on what to check, I found that resetting the motor sometimes works (lifting lid 6 times in 12 seconds, after unplugging for 1 minute, then re-plugging). I tried that, and now the washer will not spin during any cycle. It will still fill with water, and seems to drain properly.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a GE WHDSR209D. Today it started not spinning after the wash cycle. After I searched for some tips on what to check, I found that resetting the motor sometimes works (lifting lid 6 times in 12 seconds, after unplugging for 1 minute, then re-plugging). I tried that, and now the washer will not spin during any cycle. It will still fill with water, and seems to drain properly.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I will wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

Check the top of the motor for the error flash pattern let me know what it is.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How do I view the top of the motor? I am quite good on following directions, so no worries.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I paid the $18 and haven't received any assistance.....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nevermind
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Although I just opened the front panel, I immediately noticed that the motor on this washer has no circuit control board. Its just a motor.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Are you still there?

Yes I am still here.

If there is no board on your unit that is an old model, does the unit agitate?