John, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Appliance repair business owner for over 43 years.
12064207

I bought a whirlpool refrigerator on 2013 Black Friday from

Customer Question

I bought a whirlpool refrigerator on 2013 Black Friday from the Home Depot, I didnt get to use it but after june 19 2014 because that is when I moved to the new house which was being built.
The thing now is it keeps freezing on me all the time (lack of words, it forms ice in the top and the freezer) I don't seem to be able to see what is the problem. If it's too full it freezes out everything, I clean it, empty almost every thing and still the it does the same thing. I don't know what to do any more.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Hello from our service,

My name is***** am so happy to help you today.

I would like to say that we are also on the honors system. I in good faith am going to do my utmost to ensure your satisfaction. Please before rating me, make sure that I have answered all your questions.
.

During the month of December, all ratings of 3 stars or more, 1/2 of the payment will be donated to help homeless veterans, also all tips given will be donated to 100% to Autism Support Groups.

Put a flashlight in the freezer and close the door, darken the room and see if you see any light escaping from it. Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I cannot do this, because the refrigerator part is 2 doors side by side this has light, the freezer is a separate box in the bottom if I place a flash light (which I would actually have to buy one because I don't have it) how I'm I going to see the light if I close the door. And, also I don't want no free trial for monthly services. I appreciate your time however this didn't work for me.
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

If you see light with the flashlight with the door closed you have a door that is not sealing and causing your problems.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. I'm not saying you are wrong but it doesn't answer the problem. doors are tight and I still don't have light in my freezer, and actually the top (refrigerator ) has light but not good. the switch light in the freezer get's stuck when it freezes and that is why it doesn;t come out. I think I need a tech in person here. I am sorry Chas
Expert:  Chas replied 1 year ago.

Good luck, expect to spend $75 to $100 just to have a tech tell you that you have an air leak and it is not covered by warranty, Have a Happy Holiday and Better New Year..