Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson,
Experience:  Owner at Scott's Appliance Repair
89799402

My electric Frigidaire dryer won't start. The button is so

Customer Question

My electric Frigidaire dryer won't start. The button is green so power is there but when I hit start nothing happens.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Joel Swenson replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Joel thank you for your interest in our service. If you have been waiting a while

I apologize we try to help as many customers as possible in a timely manner. I am now

available to help you with your question.

The door switch is bad, when they go out the dryer wont run you can check it for continuity if you have a ohm meter if not just replace the switch:

Dryer Door Switch

Part #:###-##-####/a>

here is a video that will show you how to open the lid and get to the switch

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that

you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page

or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find

but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question.

This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.

TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, we've been on hold with Sears trying to see if we can get that part number. We'll go get it tonite rather than waiting for it to be shipped. Are you sure this is the problem?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sears just isn't answering their phone.

well I can't be 100% without someone checking the continuity on the switch with a ohm meter, but it's the one thing that will go out besides the main control that wont allow the dryer to run at all and it's 10.00 bucks or so so without testing anything first I would changed that out first especially since it is much more common to go bad then the control board

what you can do is unplug the dryer remove the two wires off the switch and connect them together and see if the dryer runs, it bypasses the door switch then you will know without having a meter, but don't let the wires hit metal or it will short the dryer out.

and don't get shocked

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok we'll try that. That video you sent was for the wrong part, btw.

ya I sent that just to show you how to access the dryer

once you get the lid up you will see two screws on the top inside at the right and left side of the dryer, unscrew those and lift up on the front and the front panel will come off and you will see the door switch in the frame of the dryer panel to remove it just squeeze the back side of the switch and push it out the front.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's too complicated to test. If it's just $10 we'll see if we can get the part tomorrow and try then. Hopefully, this is the issue. Thanks. I'll leave feedback.

thank you and please don' forget to rate me and I wish you happy holidays.

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.

can put this question on my completed list. I took the time to help you please take the time to help me. Thank You so much for your understanding and support!.