Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Have AL03 error on Ulitma FDW80, I've removed the pump

Customer Question
Customer: Hi, Have AL03 error...
Customer: Hi, Have AL03 error on Ulitma FDW80, I've removed the pump cleaned it and the outlet as diescribed on various internet solution sites (all give same advice), however, still get the same error. I then took the pump out and ran it seperately and seemed to work fine. Do you have any other suggestions, other than buying a new pump? Thanks ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Have AL03 error on Ulitma FDW80, I've removed the pump cleaned it and the outlet as diescribed on various internet solution sites (all give same advice), however, still get the same error. I then took the pump out and ran it seperately and seemed to work fine. Do you have any other suggestions, other than buying a new pump?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Appliance Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I'll wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
12/15/2015
Appliance Technician: Daniel, Home Appliance Technician replied 1 year ago
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician

Hi

Sorry for the delay, Do you still need help on this?

Regards

Hi

Ok when you get the error coming up is the dishwasher still full of water?

If you reset it an start a new cycle does it drain the water out at the start?

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Answers
Ok when you get the error coming up is the dishwasher still full of water? YesIf you reset it an start a new cycle does it drain the water out at the start? Not tried that will try tomorrow, if that doesn't work what do you suggest next?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Hi Daniel,
I've done as you suggested, started a cycle got the AL03 bottom filled with water. Started a new cycle and the water drained, great but got the AL03 error again

Ok if its draining but still coming up AL03 then its possibly either a blocked pressure chamber or faulty pressure switch as its not releaseing the air from the chamber and switch telling the control board it hasn't drained when it has.

What you need to do is remove the side panels and locate the pressure switch. Its round and will have a thin hose going to the bottom of it. Remove this hose and blow hard through it as this can clear the pressure chamber in there.

Then retry it and see how it goes from there and let me know.

Regards

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Did that same error, I assume this means a new pressure switch is required?
Thanks
Steve

It can be the pressure switch or it can even be the control board.

Its a case of fitting parts and seeing as theres no test you can do on a pressure switch as a faulty switch can still read ok on a multimeter so with pressure switches all you can do is replace.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I tried the machine again this morning as I hadn't tried to restart a new program, last night, the machine didn't drain the water from the machine this time. I'm sure I put the machine back together correctly! Does this give any more clues?

Ok if its leaving it full of water then it either a blockage in there or the pump is faulty.

Im taking it you have checked the waste hose and were it goes to. If the hose goes under a sink then make sure that's all clear in there.

If that's fine then you need to remove the hose from the pump end and blow through it and make sure that's clear.

Then remove the pump again and check theres nothing stuck in there or the sump that can block it.

If that's all clear then its possibley the pump itself at fault. as a pump can play up and also run ok when empty. But put pressure on it and t can stall and not run.

So if its not draining then it has to be 1 of the above at fault here.

Regards

Daniel, Home Appliance Technician