Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a 12 year old Bosch dishwasher that fills, starts

Customer Question
washing, & continues washing for...
I have a 12 year old Bosch dishwasher that fills, starts washing, & continues washing for hours... I've replaced the Board, & the thermistor sensor... checked for continuity to the heater... appeared ok... but still doing the same thing. Can someone help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/14/2015
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago
Joel Swenson

replace the turbidity sensor:

the turbidity sensor shines light through a small sampling of dishwater measuring sediment content and adjusts the dishwasher's cycle time and functions accordingly, if it's bad it will just keep on washing.

Sensor

Part #: 165279

PLEASE take into consideration we are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is that
you take this time to rate my service using the STAR RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page
or wherever the 5 star rating system is located on your page (sometimes it's hard to find
but it's there). Rating me will not in any affect the amount you agreed to pay for the question. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions.
TIPS are not expected but are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks.

there is nothing on this dishwasher that is named a 'turbidity sensor." Could it be called something different?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

I linked the part for you already click here

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving anegative rating. This is the only way I am credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

I understand you linked the part... the issue is if that part even exists on this dishwasher... I have the schematic in front of me with a list of all the parts, & "turbidity sensor" is not one of them.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

That part is on your dishwasher, in fact I pulled up your model number of your unit up to find the part number for you

it is listed as number 5 on the diagram here - this is the exploded view of the parts on your dishwasher.

The diagram helped me anwser my question... It is called an aqua sensor on my schematic... that's why I originally asked you if there was another name for it. So I went ahead and ordered it, if this also ends up not working, am I still responsible for payment?
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

I don't have anything to do with billing you would need to take that up with the site. I am glad you were able to locate the part. Thanks.

Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

I see this question is still open, If there is nothing else I can do for you concerning this

issue would you please rate my service by choosing a star at the top of the page so that I

can put this question on my completed list. Thank You so much for your understanding and

support!.

As soon as I install the part you recommended, I can rate the experience.
Appliance Technician: Joel Swenson,
 replied 2 years ago

yep

Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson
Joel Swenson