Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

Uline Ice Maker BI2115. The unit will not get cold. At one

Customer Question
Uline Ice Maker BI2115....
Uline Ice Maker BI2115. The unit will not get cold. At one point i left the switch on and it started working. Only lasted for 3 weeks then stopped cooling again. I don't think it is the switch because when I turn it on i hear a small humming noise and the metal plate above the rake gets hot. Any suggestions? In 2014 the condenser was replaced and in 2011 the water valve and 90 degree adapter was replaced. Is this model just a bad unit?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/14/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 2 years ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Can you explain what you mean by "metal plate above the rake gets hot"?

It may be a part of the ice maker assembly

that doesn't help. I don't know what part you are talking about. Can you please try to describe what you're talking about?

I don't see any way to remove the ice maker assembly or I would do that to explain better if it is attached

sorry, again that doesn't help. If you can't explain what I'm asking for you're going to need to call a technician out to service the unit onsite.

It is on the left side of the ice maker Toward the top of to the refrigerator next to the rake. Can you instruct me how to remove the icemaker assembly so I can further describe the part?
What would be the reasons that the ice maker would not get cold?
John, Home Appliance Technician