Kelly, Appliance Technician
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
11418111

I have a Thermador Professional Gas Range, circa 2000, and

Customer Question

I have a Thermador Professional Gas Range, circa 2000, and the stove top electric starters are all 4 trying to fire but the gas is turned off. Cannot get them to stop.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! Was something spilled on the top that may have gotten under the knobs and into the ignition switches?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not that I know of.
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

If nothing has been spilled then you have a faulty ignition switch. I would do this before ordering any parts, though. Remove the knobs and unplug the appliance. Place a fan to blow on the valves you removed the knobs from to dry out any moisture in the ignition switches. You can also use contact cleaner that will displace the moisture in the switches if it still sparks in the morning. If that fails, the you will need the ignition switch harness. I will need the model number to get you the correct part, though. So, hopefully you will not need to replace them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try to unplug (assuming the plug is underneath the stove top) to see if the clicking noise stops. If so, I will try in the morning, when there is more light, to clean the ignition switches. I'm guessing that there is a faulty switch.
Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I unplugged the stove top and the clicking has stopped. I will finish the checklist in the morning.DW
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Sounds good, keep me posted!