Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Amana self-cleaning built in convection wall oven gives me

Customer Question

amana self-cleaning built in convection wall oven gives me an F9 error code. can I repair this myself?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

That is a door lock issue. You can try to cycle the power off to the unit for 1 full minute and tube it back on and see if it opens. If not you would have to manually open the door with a flexible piece of plastic or metal to catch the door latch and move it to open the door. THen you could get at the door latch assembly to test or change it out. This can be a job so I do not know your skill level and that would be up to you to determine if you want to tackle it.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks