How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Kelly Your Own Question
Kelly, Appliance Technician
Category: Appliance
Satisfied Customers: 21998
Experience:  Highly accurate diagnostician with over 30 years experience!
Type Your Appliance Question Here...
Kelly is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have to replace a Part # WR84X10012 in my GE monogram

Customer Question

I have to replace a Part # ***** in my GE monogram refrigerator model # ***** . It is the heating element under the condensation pan that drains from the freezer. The part is no longer available from Ge or any dealer. I did find a seller on Ebay that is willing to sell me the part from a refrigerator he is selling....but needs to know how to remove it. Any suggestions for me finding directions? I really need help since he is in Ohio and I am in PA and this seems to be the only lead I have at getting this part.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to helping you! That "element" is part of the sealed system, the condenser. It will require the refrigerant be evacuated from the sealed system, and cut out. It is number 5491 in the picture at the link below. If it is faulty, the refrigerator will not cool. Are you sure yours is bad?