Appliance Guru
Appliance Guru, Owner and Technician
Experience:  Over 15 yrs. experience with 10,000+ in home repairs.
21107370

Table spoon of water drips from the left front corner

Customer Question

Table spoon of water drips from the left front corner GSD1421VBW GE
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Guru replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset I am just one of the techs on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can and I just picked up your question now. Please give me time to respond sometimes I get your replies late so there may be a delay in my response.

You need to check and clean out the air vent assembly, I would remove the screws from the inner door panel to separate the door panels and check for signs of leaking from the inside panel, it will often get gummed up in the air vent causing that issue.

We are on the honor system for our time, all I ask is please rate my service using the STAR RATING LINK on your page before you leave. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This is the only way I am paid or credited through the site for my time. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The GE GSD1421V64BW dishwasher is leaking a table spoon of water out the left corner of the door with each load. I have replaced the corner seals and the entire door seal. I have also cleaned the ventilation duct on the door. After running another test run today, continued to leak. I took the door apart again and observed the insulation below the detergent cup was soaked. I also took the detergent cup mechanism apart but didn't see any problems. Do you have any segestions
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Paper towels are to show where the insulation is soaked.