Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

We purchased model #FPHC2398LF in 2011/OCT. The water

Customer Question
dispenser stopped working and I...
We purchased model #FPHC2398LF in 2011/OCT. The water dispenser stopped working and I checked the filter condition indicator which showed "RED so I ordered the new filter reference # ***** thinking that the old filter was clogged. After the new install the water dispenser still does not work?
We can still dispense Ice cubes and Crushed ice
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Appliance
12/10/2015
Appliance Technician: Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician replied 2 years ago
Master Tech
Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

When you call for water, can you hear the water inlet valve hum as if it is getting voltage.

And what is the number on the end of the model number? it will be a 1,2,3,4,5

The last number is "1"

Thank you!

Noe does the icemaker make Ice or just dispense it?

It just dispenses

ok so does the icemaker have any ice or water in the icemaker mold.

Cancel my inquiry - will not use this service ?again
John, Home Appliance Technician