Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a maytag lse7804ace top loader. water continues to

Customer Question

I have a maytag lse7804ace top loader. water continues to fill during spin cycle
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Can you explain what you mean by "water continues to fill during spin"? Is the tub overflowing?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When the cycle goes from rinse to spin the water continues to fill the wash tub. also tub spins slow
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I changed the water level controller and the wash cycle controller
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

the washer is supposed to add water during the spin cycle---not the entire time---it should stop after awhile, but the water during the spin is used to spread around the softener in case you're using fabric softener. The only thing that would affect this is the timer control which is part number 22001180 if you think it's filling when it shouldn't but it sounds like you have replaced that so I have to imagine that what you are seeing as far as filling is normal.

Now if the washer is spinning too slow, I'd just replace the belts below the washer and see where you stand because if it still spins too slow you'd have a dragging transmission and need a new transmission.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
not finished yet going to try the washer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

ok...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I put the washer on spin cycle and when it should be emptying the tub the water continues to fill the tub with water simultaneously.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Well again, that could be normal since it does this to spread out the softener. But if it fills for more than 30 seconds, then that is not normal and you need to replace the timer I mentioned before.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The normal spin cycle emptys the tub of water and wrings out the clothing of excess water so you can dry the clothing. after the spin cycle begins, water begins to fill the tub when it should be shut off.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm going to send you an option for a phone call because I just don't think you understand what I'm saying since I've told you how it's supposed to work at least 3 times now and you are still asking questions about about it's doing and whether that is normal or not.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
also for the third time, it is not normal for water to enter the tub during the spin cycle. When the spin cycle begins, water begins to fill the tank which it should not be doing. No water should be filling the tank during the spin cycle
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the timer, the knob with regular permanent press controls?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, you're wrong about that. I'm not here to argue but it's time for you to call a technician out if you're not going to listen to my advice.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am a lso not here to ague either. I am not quite sure what it is that you don't understand. When the spin cycle begins there should be no water entering the tank for over 3 minutes, it is not the little bit of water for softener
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK well as I mentioned before if it's filling for more than 30 seconds then your timer needs to be replaced

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I replaced the timer
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Then it came faulty because nothing else would cause the issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will have Sears parts send another one.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

OK god luck.