Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My DCS MICROWAVE OVEN MODEL NO24SS SERIEL # 113092 OCT 2002

Customer Question

My DCS MICROWAVE OVEN MODEL NO24SS SERIEL # ***** OCT 2002 THE INSIDE DOOR PANEL LOOKS FOGGY AND WHEN I TURNED ON THE MICROWAVE IT STARTED TO SPARK , I TURNED IT RIGHT OFF
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately when the unit sparks it means that the magnetron is arcing out to the wave guide. The magnetron at the very least will need to be ordered and replaced which is a $200 part. But if the arcing has sparked out and damaged the wave guide, then the microwave isn't even repairable and the entire microwave would need to be replaced to resolve the issue I'm sorry to say. As for the door panel looking foggy, that means moisture is inside the door and leaving the door open for awhile should allow it to dry out.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.