Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

My washer is flashing F- no code. Only did in whitest cycle,

Customer Question

My washer is flashing F- no code. Only did in whitest white cycle, so we would switch to rinse and drain. Now, it won't do anything. Finally got my door to unlock. Turned breaker on and off. Didn't reset anything.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There should ALWAYS be a number that flashes after the F flashes to tell you what error you're getting. If you're not getting an error code number, then the only thing that can cause your problem is the front interface control board and the front interface control board would need to be ordered and replaced because it's beginning to go out.

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I actually kept messing with it and discovered it was flashing F24 code. I took Google that code (8 pm last night). Followed the instructions on locating the temp sensor control followed the wiring and I guess from the vibration 1 of the 2 black wires had come loose. Clipped the end of the wire, reattached it, put the washer back together and all was well by 9 pm. Already took care of 2 loads of laundry.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Glad to hear it. I figured there had to be an error code appearing.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I didn't realize the 24 was the code, because it happened during the Quick Wash Cycle and it starts at 28 and it would stop not long after starting. I thought that was the time remaining in the cycle.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Understood, I'm glad you got it taken care of one way or another.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your time. Have a great day!
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

No problem and you do the same.