Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line
16832328

I have a Amana SDZ27MBL and the water inlet valve does not

Customer Question

I have a Amana SDZ27MBL and the water inlet valve does not shut off for the ice maker. Replaced ice maker & inlet valve. What seems to be the problem?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Whrlp Master Tech replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JA
My name is Woody.
I will be glad to assist you today.
I have been servicing ALL Major Brands of Appliances for 35 Years,
and have over 100,000 in home repairs and over 80,000 internet repairs under my belt.

Can I please have the Full model number of the unit to better assist you ?

SDZ27MBL is not a good Amana model number

And when the unit is letting water into the icemaker is the valve getting voltage to open?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The model # ***** *****
MFG # *****
S/N #(###) ###-####The plug that goes on the water valve for the ice maker has constant power to it. Will not shut off.

ok if the valve to the icemaker has constant voltage to it that means the contacts with in the icemaker head have welded closed .

And the icemaker will need to be replaced.

The link below is to the part you will need from a highly recommended company rated A+ with the Better Business Bureau.
They offer a 100% money back guarantee, EVEN ON INSTALLED ELECTRICAL PARTS, for an entire year!
They are the only company to allow returns on installed parts for a refund and offer a FULL ONE YEAR WARRANTY!

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Ice-Maker-Assembly/D7824706Q/915772?rcaid=1000070

To stop it you can remove the icemaker and unplug the harness so it will not send constant voltage to the valve or unplug the harness to the valve also If you have any questions just reply back.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The ice maker & water inlet valve is brand new.

ok then when you replaced the icemaker did you have this same issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No. Water valve was bad. Would not fill up tray

ok so the constant voltage to the water valve has only happened since the new icemaker was installed correct?

And if so what was the part number of the icemaker that you installed in the unit please?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Changed ice maker first. Then it wouldn't fill-up. Find out water valve was bad. No continuity. Changed water valve & it kept running water & wouldn't shut off. Checked plug to valve and it had a 120V & wouldn't shut off.

I suspect the old water valve was bad because it continually gets voltage and it burnt the coil out

Will the water valve not get voltage if you unplug the icemaker for the unit?

You may have a shorted wire internally within the refrigerator cabinet.

If we unplug the icemaker that will tell us if it is the icemaker or an internal wiring issue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Replacement part RIM900
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll check unplugging the ice maker & let u know. Thanks

ok I`m not sure of that number Whom did you purchase the part from ?

Because that is not the part number the manufacturer shows .