Need Appliance Repair Help? Ask a Technician for Answers ASAP

I have a ge profile freg. psc23grcss does not dispence water

Customer Question
Hi I have a ge...
Hi I have a ge profile freg . psc23grcss does not dispence water ice maker still gets water I replaced the water filter and the water valve part no.wr57x10051 . still can not get water f rom dispencer , please let me knowwhat else could be the problem. thank you in advance biil
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Appliance
12/7/2015
Appliance Technician: Tyler Z., Appliance Doc replied 1 year ago
Tyler Z., Appliance Doc

Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

On this particular Artica refrigerator, the most common issue is that the water line inside the door freezes. Remove the kick panel below the refrigerator and freezer doors and look for the water line disconnect just behind the front panel near the freezer door hinge. Disconnect the water line and shut the door. Press the water dispenser and see if water comes out of the water line at the bottom where you'd disconnected the water line. If water comes out, you'll need to just turn the refrigerator off and leave the door open for about 45 minutes and that will allow the door to heat up enough that when you connect the water line to the door again, it should start to dispense water again. Using a hair dryer to warm up the door is also very useful.

There is a kit designed to add a heater to the dispenser so this does not happen in the future if the problem comes back. Below is a link to the kit and it comes with instructions on how to install it.

CLICK HERE

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
my refg. iit is not atrica it is ge profile and how do you remove the kick plate

Sorry I didn't mean to confuse you---it's an Artica style GE unit. As for removing the kick panel there are sometimes screws near the right and left sides just above the kick panel you need to remove, otherwise it just pull straight forward and off.

Tyler Z., Appliance Doc