Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

I have a reasonably new frigidaire refrigerator (3 years

Customer Question

I have a reasonably new frigidaire refrigerator (3 years old). The ice maker doesn't always shut off and I end with ice over flowing the container. Is there an adjustment for the shut off arm to shut the icemaker off before too much ice is in the basket?
thanks in advance.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

Do you have a model number so I can better assist you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
FFHS2622MBL
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 1 year ago.

There is no adjustment for the icemaker arm unfortunately. There also is no replacement arm for this icemaker. But this icemaker isn't known for having issues either for sticking on and making ice continuously. I would make sure the arm is pushed into the head of the icemaker securely to start. The next time it overflows see if the arm of the icemaker is sitting on the top of the ice pile in the ice bucket. If so and the icemaker keeps making ice---the contact inside the icemaker is just sticking sometimes and the icemaker just needs to be replaced so below is a link to the icemaker you'd need to order for your model.

CLICK HERE for icemaker

We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service by selecting a star at the top of the screen before you leave today. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional charge after rating my service if you still need assistance.